Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Head is Full of Fluff and Lint

"If an optimist had his left arm chewed off by an alligator, he might say, in a pleasant and hopeful voice, 'Well, this isn't too bad. I don't have my left arm anymore, but at least, nobody will ever ask me whether I am right-handed or left-handed,' but most of us would say something more along the lines of 'Aaaaah! My arm! My arm!'"

Daniel Handler, better known as Lemony Snicket


I discovered this morning at about 10:30 am that I have dropped my wallet yesterday night on the middle of the street outside my house and it had somehow stayed there unmolested all night long. My credit card was still in it, along with my cash. However, it seemed to have gotten run over several times though by my neighbours' cars heading out for the day. Oh, and it's wet. There was a spot of heavy rain at about 4:00 am - the only shower we've gotten hereabouts this entire week (I'd know because I'm habitually awake all night long).

Just a few months ago, I somehow managed to leave the same wallet in a food court after breakfast, an event which I only discovered 4 hours later. I went back, of course, but no one working in the food court found anything. Naturally, I made a police report about a week later just so I can apply for a new I.C. but believe it or not, I received a phone call right after I have made said report that my wallet and everything in it have materialised at the Sin Chew Jit Poh press office. Apparently, some Datuk's son found it.

Oh yeah, while I was trying to dry out my wallet just now, I discovered that my driving license have expired. A year ago. In fact, it expired on the 1st of March last year; just a few days shy of a full orbit. Imagine that. This beggars belief, even for me. I am so scatterbrained that I left myself completely flabbergasted at my own ineptitude.

And they expect me to function in society? Gah.



Head in perpetual fog,
k0k s3n w4i

2 comments:

février said...

bad doctor, bad doctor! don't ever diagnose me, ever !

hey this quote looks familiar i think you've mentioned it in a post before - OH ! in your book review, or maybe as a quote - or maybe i'd just read it myself because i recognise where it's from now and i have the book.

and i wanted to tell you something but now i've completely forgotten. i want to meet up again this summer if possible btw and you're free from your sexcursions with newly returned feebs.

also, i've recently (few minutes ago) realised the blackbeard reference in TPOTC !!! :D we did a blackbeard exercise couple or 3 weeks ago, and it's cool i finally got the reference xD

k0k s3n w4i said...

beve: no one's forcing you to come to me for diagnoses. about meeting up, ask me again in july or something. i can't possibly tell you if i'll be free then or not. which reference?